Combining privacy and luxury, rooms and suites boast views of the Indian Ocean or Gin Oya river from their private gardens or terraces. Amenities include air-conditioning, Wi-Fi internet access, a widescreen satellite TV, safety deposit box, premium bathroom amenities, and tea and coffee making facilities. Truly relax as your dedicated butler takes care of everything you need.
- Rooms: 17
- Size: 780 square feet
- Room View: River view
- Facilities: An airy bedroom is joined by an en suite bathroom and furnished terrace surrounded by citrus trees and overlooking the Gin Oya River.
Gin Oya Suite :expand_more
- Rooms: 1
- Size: 1,975 square feet
- Room View: River suite
- Facilities: This spacious suite comprises two bedrooms, while also boasting a private garden and terrace with its own plunge pool.
Wattura Villa with Plunge Pool :expand_more
- Rooms: 8
- Size: 2,657 square feet
- Room View: Ocean view
- Facilities: This expansive, elegant villa features one bedroom, a living room, private balcony, private garden with a daybed and swing and an individual plunge pool.
Wattura Residence :expand_more
- Rooms: 1
- Size: 3,360 square feet
- Room View: River and ocean view
- Facilities: Located at the edge of the resort with a 360-degree view of the Gin Oya River and the sea, this dazzling two-storey residence flaunts two bedrooms, as well as courtyard, private garden and rooftop infinity pool with a large terrace, daybeds and a barbecue.
As well as the restaurant that serves delicious menus for adults and children alike, there is the option to dine in several enchanting alfresco locations - from your private garden, to a secluded stretch of beach. You can also enjoy 24-hour room service.
- Cuisine: Fine dining menus that embrace Sri Lankan, South Indian and Arabic cuisine
- Setting: A pavilion-style restaurant beside the swimming pool, complete with an ornate chandelier and private dining room for intimate gatherings
- Dress Code: Smart casual
- Children's Menu: Yes
- Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Reservation Required: No
Wattura is a wonderful choice for your luxury family holiday to Sri Lanka, boasting several creative spaces in which little ones can simultaneously learn and have fun – from an indoor loft to a multi-purpose outdoor wet zone, complete with water slides and cannons. Filling each day with a new adventure, the kids’ club – which is available for children aged 3 to 11 years – offers activities that focus on a changing theme. Babysitting can also be arranged, while the restaurant offers delicious, nutritious children’s meals and sweet treats. Boasting plenty of space, the two-bedroomed Gin Oya Suite and Wattura Residence are ideal for a multi-generational escape, the latter also boasting a private rooftop infinity pool.
Spa & Wellness
Embracing the spirit and serenity of Sri Lanka, the beautiful Wattura Spa offers carefully curated spa rituals and treatments that make use of natural, organic elements – from river mud and crystals, to endemic plants and Sri Lankan spices. As well as private treatment rooms, the spa offers a hydro lounge, steam room and temperature-controlled pools. There is a well-equipped gym with personal trainers available on request, while yoga and meditation can also be arranged.
Thanks to its ideal location between Waikkal Beach and the Gin Oya estuary, Wattura offers a wealth of wonderful experiences that help you get closer to the natural treasures of Sri Lanka. These include a river safari along the gentle waters of the Gin Oya river, a private deep sea fishing cruise, a dolphin and whale watching expedition, a safari to nearby Wilpattu National Park, a white-water rafting excursion through the rainforest, a hike up the Jathika Namal Uyana mountain, and more!