- Type: Boutique Hotel
- Summary: A boutique hideaway, located on the prestigious Cap Estate
- Feature: The Cliff at Cap restaurant is one of the best on the island
- Rooms: 49 rooms, suites and villas
- Location: Gros Islet, St Lucia
- Nearest airport: Hewanorra Airport
Location and transfer
Approximately 1 hour, 30 minutes from Hewanorra Airport by private car transfer.
Rooms, suites and villas boast an island-inspired design, complete with wooden shutters, cedarwood floors and hand painted tiles in the en suite bathrooms. Amenities include luxury down pillows, Egyptian cotton sheets, air-conditioning, tea and coffee facilities, hair dryers, luxury bathroom amenities, flatscreen televisions and in-room safes. For even more exclusivity on your stay here, the hotel offers the Cap Maison Villas, offering between two and four bedrooms and plenty of space both inside and out.
Garden View Room:expand_more
- Room View: Tropical gardens
- Facilities: Surrounded by tropical gardens, this charming room is available with either a king bed or twin beds. It also offers an en suite bathroom, and a balcony or terrace.
- Room View: Garden and partial ocean views
- Facilities: Overlooking partial ocean views and tropical gardens from a private veranda, this beautiful room features a luxurious king bed and en suite bathroom, while some also offer an outdoor shower.
Spanish Courtyard Suite:expand_more
- Room View: Courtyard pool and partial ocean views
- Facilities: This spacious villa suite overlooks the pretty pool of the tiled Spanish Courtyard. Inside, enjoy a bedroom, en suite bathroom and separate living/dining area, leading to a private terrace or balcony.
Oceanview Suite with Hot Tub:expand_more
- Room View: Ocean views
- Facilities: This suite is located on a bluff, boasting beautiful views of Naked Fisherman Beach and surrounded by beautiful tropical gardens. Across two floors, discover a four-poster king bedroom, walk-in wardrobe, living/dining area and private veranda with a whirlpool tub.
Oceanview Suite with Pool:expand_more
- Room View: Garden and ocean
- Facilities: Located on the ground floor, surrounded by balconies, terraces and verdant gardens, this suite enjoys superb ocean views. Inside, it comprises of a king bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, separate living and dining area, and private swimming pool.
Oceanview Suite with Pool and Roof Terrace:expand_more
- Room View: Panoramic ocean views
- Facilities: Spacious and stunning, this suite flaunts a large master bedroom, bathroom, living/dining room, kitchen and huge private veranda. The ultra-secluded rooftop boasts a private pool and plenty of space for alfresco lounging and dining.
Choose from exquisite food with views to match at The Cliff at Cap, or make your way down to the beach for the daily catch at the Naked Fisherman restaurant. Not-to-miss is a browse around the walk-in wine cellar or a tot of the resort’s very own Cap Maison Solera Rum!
The Cliff at Cap:expand_more
- Cuisine: Contemporary cuisine incorporating French-West Indian influences.
- Setting: One of the Caribbean's most spectacular restaurants, perched on the edge of a cliff.
- Dress Code: Smart casual - no t-shirts, no collarless shirts for men, shorts and flipflops not advised.
- Children's Menu: Yes
- Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Reservation Required: Yes
Naked Fisherman Beach :expand_more
- Cuisine: Simply grilled Caribbean-influenced cuisine - with plenty of seafood and succulent steaks.
- Setting: An informal, 'sand-in-the-toes' eatery, located on Smugglers Cove beach.
- Dress Code: Casual
- Children's Menu: Yes
- Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Reservation Required: No
Dining & Gourmet
Cap Maison is a top pick for foodies and the head chef Craig Jones has been voted 'Caribbean Chef of the Year' several times, placing him firmly on the culinary map. Sample his stunning mix of Caribbean and French flavours at The Cliff at Cap, featuring signature dishes like ceviche of reef conch and pork belly with clams and squid - wonderful cuisine served in idyllic surroundings, with views across to Pigeon Island and Martinique, especially show-stopping at sunset. Swap refinement for simplicity and enjoy barefoot meals at Naked Fisherman, a delightful, thatched eatery right on the beach, plating up juicy steaks and grilled fish.
The seductive setting of Cap Maison is a magical mix of sapphire seas and tropical greenery. Picture a starlit meal on a wooden deck atop a rock, encircled by sea and coral reefs, bottles of bubbly on ice and gourmet nibbles delivered to you by zip-wire! In addition to Rock Maison, tucked along the shore is a natural rockpool where couples can wallow in warm waters sipping cocktails - it's one of the island's most heavenly spots.
The hotel's 46-foot Sea Ray Motor Yacht, the Cap Maison 1, is available for private island excursions. Alternatively, make a visit to the Sulphur Springs. It is the world's only drive-in volcano and boasts warm hot springs where visitors can enjoy a therapeutic mud bath and wash off in either the sulphur stream or freshwater shower.
Spa & Wellness
Spa Maison offers luxurious treatments on the bluff or in one of the three beautiful treatment rooms. Choose from an extensive menu of massages, facials and exfoliation rituals using exclusive products from luxury Parisian brand Sothys. There is also a well-equipped fitness studio (where you can enjoy a complimentary personal training session per day, per room) and yoga classes. The Cap Maison Running and Hiking Club offers beautiful guided cliff top and remote beach hikes and trail runs on St. Lucia's dramatic Atlantic coast.
There is a compact but captivating sandy beach below the property, accessed via some steps, where complimentary water sports and excellent snorkelling can be enjoyed. Enjoy 'toes-in-the-sand' dining at Naked Fishermen, serving up barbecued fish, meat and local delights. There is also a wealth other beautiful beaches, including those offering kite surfing, nearby and there is a complimentary shuttle service available.
Minutes from the hotel gates, St. Lucia Golf & Country Club is an 18-hole championship course offering truly testing play. Picture rolling fairways, fast greens and abundant water hazards, not to mention strong winds. It's certainly one of the Caribbean's top courses and a must for the aficionado. Concessions are available for hotel guests.
Retreat to Rock Maison, a wooden deck edged to three sides by crashing ocean waves, where refreshments are delivered in a basket along a zip-line from the bar above. Adjacent to Rock Maison is Rock Pool, a natural rock pool where guests can immerse themselves whilst enjoying a cocktail. What better way to see the sunset?
Personal visits and wine-tasting with the Sommelier at the walk-in wine cellar, stocked with over 185 different old and new world wines, are available.