- Type: Boutique Hotel
- Summary: Adults-only resort enjoying the Platinum Coast’s white sands
- Feature: Enjoy complimentary Champagne breakfasts
- Rooms: 34 suites
- Location: St James, Barbados
- Nearest airport: Grantley Adams International Airport
Location and transfer
The hotel is located approximately 30 minutes from Grantley Adams International Airport.
Thirty-four minimalistic suites merge effortlessly with the unspoilt environment, complemented by white-washed walls, island photography and ocean or garden views.
Each room has air-conditioning, mini-bar, Nespresso machines and tea making facilities, hair dryer, bathrobes and slippers, Elemis bathroom amenities, personal safe, flat-screen television, pillow menu, iPod/iPhone docking station, complimentary wi-fi internet access and daily maid service for guests.
Ocean View Room:expand_more
- Rooms: 5
- Room View: Ocean views
- Facilities: The plush Ocean View Rooms immerse you in a luxury setting with spectacular views from your balcony. Each enjoys a feather-topped king-size or twin beds and a luxurious bathroom, as well as a private balcony or patio.
Junior Suite Garden View:expand_more
- Room View: Garden view
- Facilities: Situated within the fragrant tropical gardens, the Garden view Junior Suites feature king-size or twin beds with plush luxury cotton linens, marble bathrooms with bathtub, shower and deluxe amenities.
Junior Suite Ocean View:expand_more
- Rooms: 15
- Room View: Sea view
- Facilities: Admire the breath-taking views of the beach and Caribbean Sea from the spacious patio or balcony of the Ocean View Junior Suite and at the end of the day, retire to a feather-topped king-size or twin bed with its plush cotton linens.
One Bedroom Garden View Suite:expand_more
- Room View: Garden view
- Facilities: These spacious suites provide understated comfort overlooking the tropical gardens – some with private plunge pools. The suite features a living room, master bedroom with feather-topped king-size or twin beds with a spacious balcony. Additional touches include jetlag massage, luxury bathroom amenities and Nespresso® machine.
One Bedroom Ocean View Suite:expand_more
- Room View: Sea view
- Facilities: Enjoy spectacular views of the tranquil waters of the Caribbean Sea and breath-taking sunsets from the balcony of the Ocean View Suite. The suites consist of a master bedroom with feather-topped king-size or twin beds, an adjoining living room, two bathrooms with separate bath and shower. Additional touches include jetlag massage, luxury bathroom amenities and Nespresso® machine.
The House provides on-site fine dining from one of the top restaurants in Barbados. Start the day with a complimentary Champagne breakfast served in the open-air lounge, then enjoy select menu items and cocktails all day from Daphne's, the acclaimed beachfront Italian restaurant made famous by its London counterpart.
Daphne’s Restaurant :expand_more
- Cuisine: Italian Cuisine
- Setting: Daphne’s Restaurant is sister to acclaimed Italian restaurant, Daphnes in London. Here the food is influenced by Bajan flavours although it runs to a distinctly Italian vibe; complemented with lots of fresh seafood and exotic cocktails.
- Dress Code: Smart-casual
- Children's Menu: Yes
- Vegetarian Option: Yes
- Reservation Required: No
Adults-only, completely luxurious and located in one of the island's most picturesque locations, The House by Elegant Hotels is a haven unrivalled in intimacy and romance. Wake up in your secluded guest suite, before indulging with a leisurely breakfast of exotic fruit, local fare and, of course, Champagne. After a day of uninterrupted quality time on the unblemished white-sand beach, enjoy an exquisite candlelit dinner from an award-winning menu, in a private beachfront cabana. For the ultimate declaration of love, The House can arrange the perfect beachfront proposal or host a fairytale honeymoon, as well as offering romantic wedding packages, so that you can declare "I do" in paradise.
Nestled on a stunning stretch of breathtaking white sand overlooking the calm, turquoise-coloured water, The House by Elegant Hotels is a perfect beach retreat. A dedicated beach ambassador service will see to your every need, so that you can simply unwind on a plush lounger beneath the glorious island sunshine, cooled by a palm tree breeze. Take to the azure waves of the Caribbean Sea with a selection of complimentary watersports - including kayaking, paddleboarding, tube riding and banana boating - or explore a mesmerising underwater kingdom as you snorkel above the reefs.
Spa & Wellness
Guests of The House receive one complimentary 30-minute jet lag massage (one hour massage for guests staying in One Bedroom Suites). Guests can request spa treatments in the privacy of their suite, by the pool, in beachside cabanas or the beautiful boutique spa.
The house is a adult only property and guests can do as much or as little as they please and the atmosphere is relaxed and things are unrushed. If you like your holidays undisturbed, The House makes for the ideal laid-back experience – Caribbean style.